At alert level 4 you must:
- Follow social distancing rules with people you don’t live with or who are not in your support bubble.
- Wear a face covering (if you are able to) in all indoor public places.
- Stay at home.
- Not create an extended household (single adults or single parents may join with one other household to form an exclusive support bubble).
- Meet only the people you live with or your support bubble indoors.
- Meet only your household or support bubble in private gardens.
- Meet only your household or support bubble outdoors.
- Outdoor exercise with household, support bubble, or with people from one other household, as long as the total number of people exercising is no more than 4 (excluding any carers or children under 11 from either of those households).
- Work from home if you can.
- Not travel without reasonable excuse.
- Not travel internationally without reasonable excuse.
From 27 February
Households with 1 or more children under the age of 1 will be able to form a support bubble with 1 other household.
If you are 16 or 17 years old and live alone, or with others of the same age without any adults, you will be able to form a support bubble with 1 other household.
From 1 March
Venues that are ‘approved premises’ may open only for the purpose of hosting:
- a wedding or civil partnership ceremony
- an alternative wedding ceremony such as a humanist wedding